I've been very lucky to be coached by (curated list)
- Christina Berkley, omg, amazing at christinaberkley.com
- David Taylor, fun and to-the-gut, at thefreedomfactory.co.uk
- Reno Winston, styled and so wise, at itjustgotreno.com
- Scott Elwood Stroud, gifted and powerful, at scottelwoodstroud.com
- Jason Goldberg, hilarious creator of MEometry.com
- Jacob Sokol, brilliant, challenging, with f words, at Sensophy.com
- Lindy Laubscher, my first coach and beloved friend, at lindylaubscher.com
transforming life and business
- Brené Brown: Rising Strong (and others)
- Charles Duhigg: Smarter Faster Better & The Power of Habit
- Liz Wiseman, Greg McKeown: Multipliers: How the best leaders make everyone smarter
- Amy Ahlers and Christine Arylo: Reform Your Inner Mean Girl (don't skip this one, okay?)
- Steve Chandler: Reinventing Yourself (and others)
- Arianna Huffington: Thrive
- Gary Keller and Jay Papasan: The One Thing
- Barbara Stanny: Overcoming Underearning (and others)
- Seth Godin: Linchpin (and others)
- Sam Bennett: Get it Done
- Tony Robbins: Unlimited Power
- Olivia Fox Cabane: The Charisma Myth
- Brian Tracy: Eat That Frog!
- Stuart Diamond: Getting More: How you can negotiate to Succeed...
- Susan Jeffers: Feel The Fear and Do it Anyway
- Mary-Elaine Jacobsen: The Gifted Adult: A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating...
- Simon Sinek: Start with Why
- Brené Brown: Daring Greatly
- Tim Ferriss: The 4 Hour Chef (about learning anything, btw)
- Josh Kaufman: The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything...
- Dan Roam: Blah, Blah, Blah: What to do When Words Don't Work
- Ari Meisel: Less Doing, More Living
- Alexander Kjerulf: Happy Hour is 9 to 5: How to Love your Job...
- Kelly McGonigal: The Willpower Instinct
- Derek Sivers: Anything You Want
- Hugh MacLeod: Ignore Everybody: and 39 other Keys to Creativity
- R.S. and Benjamin Zanders: The Art of Possibility
- Sir Ken Robinson: Finding Your Element: How to Discover Your Talents...
- Dan Pink: A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the World
and many, many more! But that's a nice start ;-)
thriving with kids
Kim John Payne: Simplicity Parenting
I have a different worldview from him but I did find very useful points in his book which I didn't see elsewhere, and it helps a lot to think that I'm fostering peace and creativity when I'm ordering (again) the kids' stuff... The list of 10 categories to get rid of a particular toy is a must. website |
Thomas Gordon: Parent Effectiveness Training
Huge classic, prompted a lasting change in me, popular, accessible yet amazingly efficient and loving : if you read only one, this one could go a very long way toward great family dynamics. website | get the book
Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish: How to talk so kids will listen & how to listen so kids will talk.
Ellen Galinsky: Mind in the making
Christine Carter: Raising happiness
Laura Grace Weldon: Free range learning
Alfie Kohn: Unconditional Parenting
Jean Liedloff: The Continuum Concept
Jan Hunt: The natural child
Sara McGrath: Unschooling, a lifestyle of learning
Lawrence J. Cohen: Playful Parenting
Richard Louv: Last child in the wood
Tammy Takahashi: Deschooling gently
A different perspective and reflexion about moving away from the compulsory learning model to a fresh free worldview, exploring emotions get the book
Elaine Aron: The highly sensitive child
Very helpful with some differences though if yours is also 'gifted' - I strongly encourage you to figure that out. For us, it has prompted a great leap in daily satisfaction website | get the book [/list]